Within the first 3 seconds of a job interview, you have already left an impression about whether you’re the right one for the job. Kirk and Kim Duncan, your Lifestyle Mentors, share tips on how to land your dream job with the right body language.
Before the interview:
- Attitude – Decide with confidence that you are going to get the job. Walk in with confidence.
- Be on time – On time means early – not when the interview actually begins.
- Look amazing – Make sure you look in the mirror before you walk out the door. Show up sharp.
During the interview:
- Nail the handshake – When you meet the interviewer, send the right message with a solid handshake, so they see that you are confident, but not overbearing.
- Stay standing – Until they show you where to sit, don’t move. If you step back, it shows you’ll step back in the job.
- Chin up, smile on – Keep your chin up and your smile on to show that you are trustworthy, confident, and smart.